I'm learning I need to let go of other people's judgements of me because a.) they are often WRONG and b.) I try to use them to make myself feel worse when I am down.
So... my sister just bitched at me and called me selfish when I have clearly been the opposite. I began to turn it inward and agree that I had done something wrong. She tried to make me feel that I had done something wrong, but I DIDN'T. I am proud of myself for telling her I wasn't going to listen to her talk to me like that and then hung up. I fully expect an apology from her before I talk to her again. She does this a lot and I have LET her. I won't do that anymore. And the situation with the "sort of friend with benefits..??" I have let that go also. I am truly okay with the whole thing. I feel lighter and haven't thought about it much. When I do things for me to make me a better person, I can let go of the crap people try to push onto me. But it isn't my crap, it is theirs. I do have to acknowlege, though that there is one thing I should have done with my sis to help avoid this situation. I was wishy washy about dropping off the dog right from the beginning and I kept saying, well, I might be able to, let's see what happens, and what I should have said was, NO, I cannot drive back into the city on Saturday, you will have to come out to get her. Too many times, I am not straightforward with her because she can be so harsh, so I sort of am afraid to do something that will make her mad. I should have just been straightforward. That's the lesson i will take from this. By the way, I took the dog to the forest preserve for a walk and it was beautiful. That helped me feel much better, also. Thank you, God for the unbelievable beauty on this earth. The clouds were so white and the water was glistening, it was wondrous, as always.
No comments:
Post a Comment