I am hurt and irritated that my family and friends make a joke about my commitment to our planet. I am trying to be kind to our environment and also trying to find ways to help poor countries and people in need. But no body seems to take me No one likes it. My best friend laughed at me when I suggested camping. She said that all of a sudden me trying to be green is going over board or something... oh yeah, Since when have you been a camper and into the outdoors? I am ashamed to admit that I have been hiding that part of me for so long. Yes, that is a HUGE part of me that I got in touch with when I was about 19. I have ignored it and tried to hide it. But it is my passion. I need to do this. This is my path. I need to make a difference in our world to our planet and help those in need. That is who I am. When I was a teacher that was easy for family and friends because it was normal. Not rocking the boat. But the path I want to follow entails asking others to take a look at their own lives and make small changes. Theydon't like that I make them uncomfortable. I am also upset that my own family is not very interested in my blog. I would love more readers. I wish people would comment. I'm just hurt by how they are sarcastic and seem to think I only just started feeling this way, that I'm jumping on a bandwagon or something. It is the real me. I do care and I do want to make a difference. Spread the word, help others make small, easy changes.

No comments:
Post a Comment